Affordable Web Design
What is affordable website design, what types of websites are there and how does the website design process work?
What is truly "Affordable web design"?
In this blog post we are focusing on what truly affordable website design in South Africa is and isn’t.
What does affordable website design mean?
People often look at the word “affordable” and think it’s “cheap” or low quality. This is not the true meaning of affordable. Affordable in it’s true meaning is reasonably priced. At DigitalOxygen, we aim to provide you with web design that is reasonably priced.
We don’t believe in charging an arm and a leg for our services. We also don’t believe that making our prices affordable should result in low quality work.We aim to make affordable web design a service that does not compromise on quality.
What is the average cost of a website in South Africa?
Website design prices range from R500 to R25000 and more. Dependent on the type of website that is being designed. Freelancers tend to charge more for their services as this is a “Side Gig” and not a service they offer full time. Some design agencies may charge a great amount of money as well simply because of their reputation. You may receive the same or better services for a lower cost else where.
With that being said, it is important to do your research first. For example has the freelancer or website design agency a decent portfolio to showcase their work? How do their reviews look, what do their clients say about the services they offered?
It is also important to look into the Actual cost of a website. It is common that agencies and freelancers choose to charge a monthly fee which over the period of a few months works out a lot more than a once off website design. For example a website that costs R300 per month for 12 months would actually cost you R3600. Where as a once of website design of say R1500 is half the price.
What should you consider when ordering website design services?
- Firstly, establish your budget. As per the above text do your research into what your budget is and what is affordable web design to you.
- Secondly, look in to the client reviews and portfolio. Can this agency or freelancer offer what you need from a design perspective?
- Thirdly, take into consideration what you want to accomplish with your new website.
- Do you need a website that generates leads or sales?
- Do you need a website to sell products online?
- What is your marketing plan, will you be running Google ads or Facebook ads?
- Noting what your goal is from the beginning and making it clear is important. Be sure to communicate what the purpose of your website is. If you need leads for example, be sure to point out that you need to run ads or need SEO services added.
What content does a designer need from your side?
The requirements may differ depending on your website type and the designer. Here is a list of common requirements to get your new website looking and functioning at its best:
- Your company logo, colour scheme and font preferences.
- List of products or services you offer.
- Company contact details.
- Written content you would like to add state or add to your new website.
- Company profile and design suggestions.
By providing the above and communicating clearly what your goals are with your new website, it becomes easier for you and your designer to get the website done and provide you with quality services.